By Addy Osmani
Start with the fundamentals of MVC, SPA, and resolution, then get your fingers soiled construction pattern applications—a uncomplicated Todo checklist app, a RESTful publication library app, and a modular app with spine and RequireJS. writer Addy Osmani, an engineer for Google’s Chrome staff, additionally demonstrates complicated makes use of of the framework.
• find out how Backbone.js brings MVC advantages to the client-side
• Write code that may be simply learn, based, and prolonged
• paintings with the Backbone.Marionette and Thorax extension frameworks
• remedy universal difficulties you’ll come across whilst utilizing Backbone.js
• set up your code into modules with AMD and RequireJS
• Paginate facts to your Collections with the Backbone.Paginator plugin
• Bootstrap a brand new Backbone.js software with boilerplate code
• Use spine with jQuery cellular and get to the bottom of routing difficulties among the 2
• Unit-test your spine apps with Jasmine, QUnit, and SinonJS
By Ellen Siever, Stephen Spainhour, Nathan Patwardhan
This entire consultant to the Perl programming language levels broadly during the Perl programmer's universe, collecting jointly in a handy shape a wealth of data approximately Perl itself and its program to CGI scripts, XML processing, community programming, database interplay, and graphical consumer interfaces. The ebook is a perfect reference for skilled Perl programmers and newcomers alike. during this moment version, Perl in a Nutshell has been increased to incorporate the most recent model of Perl (5.7), with details on Unicode processing in Perl, new capabilities and modules which were further to the middle language, and up to date info on working Perl at the Win32 platform. The booklet additionally covers Perl modules for fresh applied sciences reminiscent of XML and cleaning soap. As a part of the winning "in a Nutshell" booklet sequence from O'Reilly & affiliates, Perl in a Nutshell is for readers who desire a unmarried reference for all their wishes.
By Keith Peters, Billy Lamberta
You will the way to make the most of the fantastic animation and physics-based code initially created through writer Keith Peters in his highly profitable origin ActionScript Animation in your entire HTML5 purposes. very quickly in any respect, you'll comprehend the innovations in the back of scripted animation and still have the power to create all demeanour of fascinating animations and video games.
By Sasha Vodnik
Über den Autor
Jeremy is an internet developer residing and dealing in Brighton, England. operating with the net consultancy enterprise Clearleft ( www.clearleft.com ), he enjoys development available, stylish web content utilizing the troika of net criteria: XHTML, CSS, and the DOM. His on-line house is www.adactio.com. Jeremy is additionally a member of the www.webstandards.org the place he serves as joint chief of the DOM Scripting job strength. while he is not development web pages, Jeremy performs bouzouki within the alt.country band Salter Cane ( www.saltercane.com ). he's additionally the writer and curator of 1 of the web's biggest on-line groups devoted to Irish conventional song, www.thesession.org
By John Pollock
• Key talents & Concepts—Chapter-opening lists of particular abilities coated within the chapter
• Ask the Expert—Q & A sections jam-packed with bonus info and useful tips
• attempt This—Hands-on workouts that assist you follow your skills
• Notes—Extra info with regards to the subject being covered
• Tips—Helpful reminders or exchange methods of doing things
• Self-Tests—End-of-chapter experiences to check your knowledge
• Annotated syntax—Example code with observation that describes the programming concepts being illustrated
• Code downloads supplied for tasks within the ebook
By Scott Preston
* observe assistance for iOS usability in addition to functionality
* Dig into positive factors like pictures, animation, or even geolocation
What you’ll learn * HTML5 gains
* the best way to layout for usability
* tips to paintings with Canvas
* tips to customise your iOS app looking on equipment and working process
* easy methods to combine with providers like voice and messaging
* tips on how to attempt and optimize your app
Who this e-book is for
net builders who are looking to circulation into cellular app improvement on iOS units in addition to cellular clients and builders who are looking to enhance cross-platform net apps.
By Jim Keogh
I picked this ebook up after I received dumped within the deep finish, wanting to change Java code in a few NIST snapshot processing software program. the nice - i'll stick with the examples simply - i am a hundred pages in in a number of hours, and i am easily studying the specifics of Java constitution that i have to begin enhancing code.
The undesirable - it seems like the e-book was once routinely spell-checked, yet no longer grammar-checked. there are numerous sentences, out and in of the code examples, the place I simply needed to shake my head. One instance was once flat out unsuitable - on web page ninety two, the place the it says that an index is a bunch from 0 to "1 minus the utmost variety of components within the array". this can offer you a non-positive quantity. no longer an international ender, yet catching such a lot of of those on a primary skimming move makes me a section leery of the way stable the remainder of the examples may be.
By Giorgio Natili
“PhoneGap three Beginner’s Guide” can assist you holiday into the realm of cellular program improvement. you'll how you can arrange and configure your cellular improvement atmosphere, enforce the most typical positive factors of recent cellular apps, and construct wealthy, native-style functions. The examples during this publication care for actual use case situations, in order to assist you improve your personal apps, after which submit them at the most well-liked app stores.
Dive deep into PhoneGap and refine your talents via studying the right way to construct the most positive aspects of a true international app.
“PhoneGap three Beginner’s Guide” will consultant you thru the construction blocks of a cellular software that we could clients plan a visit and percentage their journey info. With the aid of this app, you'll find out how to paintings with key PhoneGap instruments and APIs, expand the framework’s performance with plug-ins, and combine machine gains resembling the digital camera, contacts, garage, and extra. by the point you’re accomplished, you've got an exceptional knowing of the typical demanding situations cellular app builders face, and you may understand how to unravel them.
What you'll study from this book
► arrange and configure your improvement environment
► deal with cross-platform code bases
► construct well-performing modular apps
► engage with the machine sensors, dossier method, and camera
► Use key PhoneGap APIs
► combine local code on your cellular app
► Write a PhoneGap plugin
► Localize a cellular app
Written in a pleasant, example-driven Beginner’s consultant layout, there are many step by step directions that can assist you start with PhoneGap.
Who this booklet is for
If you're a net developer or cellular software developer attracted to an examples-based method of studying cellular program improvement fundamentals with PhoneGap, then this e-book is for you.
By Marijn Haverbeke
The crucial parts of programming, together with syntax, keep an eye on, and data
How to arrange and make clear your code with object-oriented and practical programming techniques
How to script the browser and make easy internet applications
How to exploit the DOM successfully to have interaction with browsers
How to harness Node.js to construct servers and utilities
Isn't it time you turned fluent within the language of the net?